Friday, May 6, 2011

Positive Thinking, EFT, Metaphysics, Quantum Physics, or Just What Works?

The single most life-changing thing anyone ever told me was also one of the most simple things anyone ever told me. After a lifetime of struggling with self-doubt, I happened upon someone who helped me understand how to connect what I knew to be rationally true and how I felt. She said to me, "It's just a thought...and you can change your thoughts." Simple, huh? And yet, pretty profound.

After doing some reading that was recommended, I became keenly interested in this concept. But I'm a critical thinker and was careful to consider what was being suggested and whether it was congruent with the truths I had already come to believe about life, most namely, my belief in God. The journey continues for me.

Recently, I came across these two videos by Dr. Bruce Lipton, and found them fascinating. I thought I'd share them with you because the concepts he's proposing seem to make sense to me, though I'm not quite ready to say that I subscribe to all he suggests. But I'm willing to explore. I look forward to your comments.



2 comments:

  1. This rudderless world is not shaped by vague metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It’s us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @bigtedd, it's interesting to hear your thoughts. While I wouldn't consider it God, destiny, or fate that commits the atrocities you mention, I'm not so sure that metaphysical forces don't exert some influence. My belief is that we are not aware of a lot of unseen forces and as such, can't understand their possible power or influence.

    ReplyDelete