Monday, May 30, 2011

Aaaaand, We're Back

What a crazy week! Little more than a week, actually. Since my last post, I've not been able to access Blogger to write a post, check out comments, or do any administrative sorts of tasks. Truly frustrating. My plan to post three to five times a week has been soundly shot in the foot. But alas, all is not lost and soon, we'll be back on schedule.

I'm going to take this little blip in time to do a bit more housekeeping.

First off, I'd like to invite you to follow the blog on Facebook.  Click here to go to the Facebook page. Once there, you can "like" the page and become a fan. This means you'll receive any updates as they occur on Facebook.

Secondly, please consider subscribing to the blog. You may do this through various links on the sidebar including subscribing through RSS feeds and through email. You can also subscribe through Networked Blogs, an app on Facebook. Subscribing ensures that you will have immediate new posts as they are published.

Twitter is another way to follow me. I tweet with some regularity about random thoughts, daily happenings, and also use Twitter to announce new posts that have been published. It's a fun way to connect and allows for some communication.

Because of the two recent problems with Blogger, I'm considering moving the blog to WordPress. If I do so, I will publish at both addresses simultaneously for a while to get everyone moved over, but it would be a transition. I'm hesitant to do it, but also hate the frequency of issues I'm having with this platform. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the possibility of a transition. I'll keep you updated as changes occur.

Your comments have been amazing and I love reading what you have to say. Thanks for being interactive in this way and I look forward to more of the same as we move along. Your loyalty has been appreciated.

As today is Memorial Day here in the States, I'd like to take a moment to thank all those who have served, or are currently serving in our armed forces. Your dedication to our freedom and safety is appreciated beyond what words can express. Both of my fathers served in the Air Force. I have friends who served, painfully so, in Vietnam and sadly, returned to a country with no appreciation for their efforts. Even now, I have friends who are serving in the Army and have witnessed firsthand the the struggles in Iraq and Afghanistan. To each of these, I say "Thank You" a hundred times over. May we all be thankful for the men and women who keep our country safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment